Looking for a way to have fun in the sun this spring and summer without breaking the bank? Mt. Pleasant is your answer for awesome outdoor adventures in the center of Pure Michigan!
1. Explore Local Parks: The Mt. Pleasant area offers miles of integrated park trails for biking, running, rollerblading, or just relaxing in the sun alongside the beautiful Chippewa River.
2. Disc Golf: The area offers 3 beautiful and challenging disc golf courses, one on the campus of Central Michigan University and two more at Deerfield Nature Park! Both courses are free to play and only require a disc to play with. Whether you’re a pro or just getting started, disc golf in Mt. Pleasant is a great way to stay active, get out in the sun, and enjoy nature.
3. The Florence Maxwell Sanctuary: With over 110 different species of birds observed in this area, the Florence Maxwell Sanctuary is a magnificent place to observe nature as well as the local wildlife. The 40 acre preserve is open from dawn to dusk and offers bird and nature lovers alike a peaceful place to explore!
4. The Mt. Pleasant Skate Park: Do you love to skateboard, bike, or rollerblade? Check out the local skate park in Island Park, just outside of Downtown Mt. Pleasant! The skate park is free to the public and is open dawn to dusk every day. Also in Island Park are tennis, basketball, and volleyball courts.
5. Have a Picnic: With 1,000 acres of park land there’s nowhere better to have a good ol’ fashioned picnic! Pack a lunch with friends or family on a sunny day and enjoy it riverside or under a pavilion. Many parks also offer grills for the public’s use.
6. Splash Around The Mt. Pleasant Spray Park: What better way to spend a warm spring or summer day with the kids than at the Mt. Pleasant Spray Park? Located in Island Park, the spray park is ready for kids 12 and younger to splish splash through gallons of falling water!
7. Visit The Covered Bridge: One of the most popular outdoor spots in the area is the covered bridge at Deerfield Nature Park. This picturesque bridge is beautiful in every season and is an amazing place to hike and explore around!
8. Take on The Mighty Chip River: Winding through the area’s parks, the Chippewa River is a focal point in the Mt. Pleasant community! Miles of fresh water provide the perfect place for fishing, canoeing, kayaking, or tubing the river. Visit a canoe livery to rent your equipment or hop in the river at a local park with your own equipment to canoe, kayak, or tube.
Looking for more information on an outdoor adventure in Mt. Pleasant? Check out our Recreation page for more great ideas!
Plan your next spring or summer vacation by visiting our Lodging page.