Meet Mt. Pleasant – Join Our Team!
Meet Mt. Pleasant is growing – just like the community we’re promoting. As the organization is charged with marketing the Mt. Pleasant area to meeting planners and visitors, we are looking for people who share our enthusiasm and passion for community.
Position: Full-time, Content & Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Summary: Share the Mt. Pleasant experience with visitors and community members through digital story-telling and implement multichannel marketing and communications efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development, execution, tracking and optimization of assigned Marketing programs, campaigns and/or advertising projects; Emphasis on social media, email, digital ads, print ads and website content.
- Oversee all digital marketing programs with the goal of maximizing impact/ROI.
- Prepare, maintain and distribute marketing materials and communication pieces (i.e. emails, newsletters, website content, guides, brochures, etc.) across platforms/channels for assigned Marketing program(s); ensure Meet Mt. Pleasant brand message is integrated and consistent across departments.
- Manage all MPACVB social media channels; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- Manage all Meet here social media channels; Facebook.
- Develop and maintain social media content plan schedules and reports.
- Assist in assigned budget tracking and provide reporting to the Executive Director.
- Collaborate with third-parties on various digital marketing programs, campaigns and advertising projects.
- Assist in development, execution and tracking of public relations efforts (i.e. media pitches, press releases, media lists, media mentions, etc.).
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and best marketing practices; make recommendations to improve current programs and processes.
- The Content & Communications Coordinator‘s duties are not limited to the statements mentioned above; the list is intended to describe the general nature and levels of work being performed as assigned for this job; additional responsibilities may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Media or related area or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One to two years experience in Marketing, Social Media Marketing, or related area.
- Experience with Marketing software and tools preferred (i.e. Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager, Facebook Ads Manager, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must have attention to detail and effective planning, organization, prioritization and project/time management skills to meet deadline driven timelines.
- General knowledge of the Mt. Pleasant area as it relates to tourism (i.e. attractions, lodging properties, dining, etc.)
- Ability to work collaboratively with MPACVB team; Executive Director, Sports Manager and Sales Coordinator.
How to apply
If you think you’d be a good fit for our team, please email PDF documents of the following:
- A cover letter that helps us understand what we would gain if you joined our team.
- Your resume.
Meet Mt. Pleasant is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.