Meet Mt. Pleasant, Safely
The Mt. Pleasant area cannot wait to welcome guests back to our community, when the time is right. We want to stress how important the safety of our visitors and community members is to us; we are following local, state and federal guidelines to ensure safety for residents and visitors. We’re all in this together, and working together will ensure our community is able to remain open.
We want to provide up-to-date information on the Mt. Pleasant area for our residents and visitors, focusing on the reopening of attractions, restaurants, parks and shopping. View the Mt. Pleasant Hospitality Promise, here.
We will update the information provided on a regular basis. We encourage you to check back as more information is available or contact businesses directly.
What Mt. Pleasant is doing
Here is how our hotels and local businesses are ensuring safety for customers and staff.
Note: Each business has their own safety procedures and we recommend contacting businesses directly with questions regarding information on safety and sanitation procedures, as well as occupancy restrictions.
- Implementing contactless processes and payments wherever possible
- Requiring frontline staff to wear masks, gloves and other PPE as necessary
- Requiring guests to wear masks and other PPE as necessary*
- Requiring guests and staff to adhere by best social distancing practices; at least 6 feet
- Screening employees for symptoms before every shift
- Enhancing cleaning practices
- Implementing new cleaning procedures of rooms and common areas
- Minimizing guest contact in elevators, lobbies, etc.
- Implementing new employee procedures and guidelines to ensure safety of staff and visitors
- Reducing amenities offered (pools, fitness centers, etc.) to ensure safety of staff and visitors
*Contact hotels directly for guidelines and safety procedures for guests
- Limiting occupancy to 25% – implementing “by appointment” visits, if possible
- Implementing new cleaning and sanitation procedures
- Posting signage to encourage social distancing and educate guests on best practices
- Reserving at least two hours per week of store time for at-risk customers
Soaring Eagle Casino & Hotel
OPEN with restrictions*
*View Soaring Eagle’s Play it Safe plan
Soaring Eagle Waterpark
OPEN with restrictions*
*View Soaring Eagle Waterpark’s guest guidelines and safety procedures
Central Michigan University
Fired Up for Fall Plan
For the most up-to-date information on restaurants and what services are currently offered in the Mt. Pleasant area, click here.
If you are in the area and experience symptoms, here is local health information: