MT. PLEASANT TOURISM UPDATE ON COVID-19
Last update: March 27, 2020 | 6:15 p.m.
The team at Meet Mt. Pleasant is committed to providing accurate and up-to-date information to help keep visitors and community members safe and healthy.
We encourage travelers to follow the travel guidance offered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other public health authorities. Reliable information resources:
Governor Whitmer signs “Stay Home, Stay Safe” order.
You can read the order in its entirety here, outlining which businesses can stay open and what activities are permissible at this time.
To stay up-to-date on all things COVID-19 related, click here.
Unless otherwise noted, our area hotels are open for business.
- For available restaurant services and closures, click here.
- Gov. Gretchen Whitmer orders bars & restaurants to temporarily close dine-in services until Monday, April 13 at 11:59 p.m. Learn more.
- Baymont Inn: Temporarily closed until April 6.
- Comfort Inn & Suites: Temporarily closed until April 8.
- Super 8: Temporarily closed until April 13.
- Courtyard Mt. Pleasant at CMU: Temporarily closed until April 13.
- Holiday Inn: Toast 2 Toast restaurant closed until further notice.
- Soaring Eagle Casino: Official closing effective Monday, March 16 at 5 p.m.
- Soaring Eagle Waterpark and Hotel: Official closing effective Monday, March 16 at 9 p.m.
- The Retreat at Soaring Eagle: Official closing effective Monday, March 16 9 p.m.
We recommend contacting hotels, attractions and local businesses, directly, to confirm the most accurate and up-to-date information on availability changes and operating hours. For a list of local restaurants offering pick-up, carry-out and delivery, click here.
For those planning to visit the area, attend a meeting or event, Meet Mt. Pleasant will update this website with more information and resources as they become available.
Important facts & resources for Isabella County
- Reported by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, there are two confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Isabella County.
- Central Michigan University moves to online classes & event cancellations. For the latest CMU updates, click here.
- For the latest Mid Michigan College class & event updates, click here.
- For the latest City of Mt. Pleasant updates, click here.
- March 18, 2020: Isabella County is now officially in a state of emergency because of the COVID-19 virus, click here.
- Gov. Gretchen Whitmer executive order Monday, March 23 at 11 a.m. You can read the order in its entirety here, outlining which businesses can stay open and what activities are permissible at this time.
- The Mt. Pleasant Area Chamber of Commerce has compiled a list of business resources to provide aid and information, click here to view.
Major Event Cancellations: click here for a community calendar of events.
- 2020 Home Show postponed.
- “Celebrating Life” Pow Wow cancelled.
- Central Michigan University events are cancelled through the end of the semester, including commencement.
- Mid Michigan College events with more than 100 people are cancelled or postponed through April 13.
- Great Egg Scramble, April 4; see other City of Mt. Pleasant cancellations, here.
- Teen Flashlight Egg Hunt, April 5; see other City of Mt. Pleasant cancellations, here.
- Soaring Eagle Casino March 2020 shows Chris Tucker & Dustin Lynch; stay up-to-date on Soaring Eagle news, here.
- Mt. Pleasant Farmers’ Market opening day, May 7, postponed.
- Alma Highland Festival cancelled.
- Shepherd Maple Syrup Festival cancelled.
- SOMI State Summer Games Postponed.
Should you find yourself feeling ill while in Mt. Pleasant and Isabella County, the region is served by these major healthcare providers: