MT. PLEASANT TOURISM UPDATE ON COVID-19
Last update: June 30, 2020 | 1:15 p.m.
The team at Meet Mt. Pleasant is committed to providing accurate and up-to-date information to help keep visitors and community members safe and healthy.
We encourage travelers to follow the travel guidance offered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other public health authorities. Reliable information resources:
Monday, June 1 Governor Gretchen Whitmer signed Executive Order 2020-110, rescinding her Safer at Home Order and moving the entire state to phase four of the Michigan Safe Start Plan.
- Groups of 100 or less will be allowed to gather outdoors with proper social distancing.
- Office work not able to being performed remotely, may resume.
- In-home services, like housecleaning, may resume
- June 4: Retailers are allowed to reopen, subject to capacity limits.
- June 8: Restaurants allowed to reopen at 50% capacity, following social distancing guidelines.
- Gyms (with the exception of outdoor activity), theaters and casinos remain closed.
- Wearing masks, practicing social distancing, and proper hand washing is required.
To view the executive order, click here.
To stay up-to-date on all things COVID-19 related, click here.
Unless otherwise noted, our area hotels are open for business.
- For available restaurant services and closures, click here.
- Country Chalet and Edelweiss Haus: Temporarily closed.
We recommend contacting hotels, attractions and local businesses, directly, to confirm the most accurate and up-to-date information on availability changes and operating hours. For a list of local restaurants offering pick-up, carry-out and delivery, click here.
For those planning to visit the area, attend a meeting or event, Meet Mt. Pleasant will update this website with more information and resources as they become available.
Important facts & resources for Isabella County
- Reported by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, there are confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Isabella County.
- For the latest CMU updates, click here.
- For the latest Mid Michigan College class & event updates, click here.
- For the latest City of Mt. Pleasant updates, click here.
- The Mt. Pleasant Area Chamber of Commerce has compiled a list of business resources to provide aid and information, click here to view.
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation resources for small businesses. For information on reopening with MEDC’s Main Street program, click here. To learn more about MEDC’s MI Local Biz – COVID-19 Small Business Support Program, click here.
- Track the risk phases of COVID-19 indicators in Grand Rapids Region (Isabella County) with the MI Safe Start Map.
Major Event Updates: click here for a community calendar of events; note, a high volume of events have been canceled and the COE may not be fully up-to-date. Please contact event holders, directly, for the most up-to-date information.
- Central Michigan University events are canceled through the summer, including commencement.
- Mid Michigan College events; click here for updates.
- Soaring Eagle Casino shows canceled & postponed: click here for updates.
- SOMI State Summer Games Canceled; Virtual Summer Games, July 19-25, 2020 is being planned for the week of July 20, 2020.
- Yoder’s Flea Market & Craft Show Canceled.
- Mt. Pleasant Craft Beer Festival canceled; 2021 event set for June – date TBD.
- Back to the Bricks postponed; new date Friday, October 9.
- Soaring Eagle Casino Fourth of July Fireworks canceled.
- Isabella County Youth and Farm Fair canceled; 2021 event date set for July 17-24.
- Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe Powwow Canceled.
- Wheatland Music Festival canceled; 2021 event set for September 11-12.
Should you find yourself feeling ill while in Mt. Pleasant and Isabella County, the region is served by these major healthcare providers: