MT. PLEASANT TOURISM UPDATE ON COVID-19
Last update: November 16, 2020 | 9:30 a.m.
The team at Meet Mt. Pleasant is committed to providing accurate and up-to-date information to help keep visitors and community members safe and healthy.
We encourage travelers to follow the travel guidance offered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other public health authorities. Reliable information resources:
Starting November 18, 2020 the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) issued a three-week epidemic order to save lives. Below is a list of what is opened and closed with the new order.
- Two-household gatherings (high precautions)
- Small outdoor gatherings (25 people max)
- Preschool through 8th grade (local district choice)
- Manufacturing, construction, other work that is impossible to do remotely
- Public transit
- Hair salons, barber shops, other personal services
- Gyms & pools (for individual exercise)
- Restaurants and bars (outdoor dining, takeout and delivery)
- Professional sports (without spectators)
- Parks and Outdoor Recreation
- Funerals (25 people max)
- High Schools (in-person learning)
- Theaters, movie theaters, stadiums & arenas
- Bowling centers, ice skating rinks, indoor water parks
- Soaring Eagle Casino
- Colleges and Universities (in-person learning)
- Group fitness classes
- Workplaces – when work can be done from home
- Restaurants and Bars (indoor dining)
- Contact Sports
To view what is open vs closed, click here.
To stay up-to-date on all things COVID-19 related, click here.
MHSSA Sports Updates
For updated information regarding High School athletics, click here.
- For available restaurant services and closures, click here.
Unless otherwise noted, our area hotels are open for business.
- Country Chalet and Edelweiss Haus: Temporarily closed.
- Days Inn: Temporarily Closed.
We recommend contacting hotels, attractions and local businesses, directly, to confirm the most accurate and up-to-date information on availability changes and operating hours. For a list of local restaurants offering pick-up, carry-out and delivery, click here.
For those planning to visit the area, attend a meeting or event, Meet Mt. Pleasant will update this website with more information and resources as they become available.
Important facts & resources for Isabella County
- Reported by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, there are confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Isabella County.
- For the latest CMU updates, click here.
- For the latest Soaring Eagle Casino updates, click here.
- For the latest Mid Michigan College class & event updates, click here.
- For the latest City of Mt. Pleasant updates, click here.
- The Mt. Pleasant Area Chamber of Commerce has compiled a list of business resources to provide aid and information, click here to view.
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation resources for small businesses. For information on reopening with MEDC’s Main Street program, click here. To learn more about MEDC’s MI Local Biz – COVID-19 Small Business Support Program, click here.
- Track the risk phases of COVID-19 indicators in Grand Rapids Region (Isabella County) with the MI Safe Start Map.
Major Event Updates: click here for a community calendar of events; note, a high volume of events have been canceled and the COE may not be fully up-to-date. Please contact event holders, directly, for the most up-to-date information.
For a list of events for Central Michigan University, click here.
For a list of events for the Soaring Eagle Casino, click here.
Should you find yourself feeling ill while in Mt. Pleasant and Isabella County, the region is served by these major healthcare providers: