In what’s become an annual tradition around these parts, the Mt. Pleasant Area Convention & Visitors Bureau began the new year with the release of its seasonal events calendar.
The 65 Days of Winter calendar highlights the myriad of activities available in and around Mt. Pleasant. For though it’s a season often covered in ice and snow, there remains no shortage of things to do here in central Michigan.
Shake off the winter blues and head into town. Here are some highlights.
- Jan. 21: The annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Peace March and Vigil
- Jan. 25: Bundle up and enjoy the outdoors with the Chippewa Watershed Conservancy as it leads a group in identifying animal signs at Hall’s Lake Preserve
- Jan. 31: Legendary comic Lewis Black returns to Mt. Pleasant for a night of thought-provoking laughs at Soaring Eagle Casino
- Feb. 1: A wintertime favorite, the 5K-obstacle course Man Vs. Mountain race returns to Nelson Park. Make sure to stick around for the post-race party at Mountain Town Station, where participants receive a free pint of craft beer
- Feb. 5: The Central Michigan International Film Festival returns with some of this year’s best films, and not just from Hollywood, but the world over
- Feb. 8: It went so well the first time that they’re doing it again. The second Kids & Culture event comes back to the CMU Museum of Cultural and Natural History
- Feb. 10: The Mt. Pleasant Snow Day photo contest launches on Instagram
- Feb. 15: Another wintertime tradition, the Special Olympics fundraiser Polar Plunge makes its annual splash
- Feb. 24: Celebrate local culture with the Juried CMU Student Art Exhibition at CMU’s University Art Gallery
Visit the Mt. Pleasant Area Convention & Visitors Bureau online to view the full list of events.